Sunday, September 5, 2010

Setting Your Thoughts On Things Above

I don't know how many times in my life I allow negative thoughts to creep into my mind. What I have realized is how the more I think on Satan's lies, the more down I become and allow it to guide my actions and attitude for the day. Why let Satan have victory in my life when God has already conquered sin and is wanting US to have victory in Him?!? Thus, my goal has been to find God's truths in His Word, memorize them, and FOCUS on those thoughts which are true and helpful in making me more like Him and bringing glory to Him alone. Here are a couple of God's Truths to think on for the week. Let's set our minds on things above!

~2 Corinthians 9:8~

"And God is able to make ALL GRACE abound toward you, that you, always having ALL SUFFICIENCY in ALL things may have an abundance for every good work."

~Psalm 62:1,2,5,6, 8~

"Truly my soul silently waits for God; from Him comes my SALVATION;"

"He only is my ROCK and my SALVATION; He is my DEFENSE; I shall not be greatly moved."

"My soul wait silently for God ALONE, for my expectation is from Him."

"He ONLY is my ROCK and my SALVATION; He is my DEFENSE; I shall not be moved."

"TRUST in Him at all times, you people; Pour out your heart before Him; God is a REFUGE for us."

*The key for us as Christians is to live in complete dependence of God each day.
"Begin each day with joyful expectation watching to see what HE will do through YOU."

~2 Corinthians 12:9.10~

"My grace is SUFFICIENT for thee for my STRENGTH is made perfect in WEAKNESS."
"Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of CHRIST may rest upon thee."








No comments: