Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Pleasures in Serving God




What a blessing it was to be able to attend the All Brazil Missions Conference in Iguaçu Falls! The theme of the week was centered around the Pleasures of God! Not only were we refreshed from God's Word and reminded of the pleasures in serving God and one day bowing before Him in His presence, but also were
marveled at one of His incredible creations, the Iguacu Falls! As I stood before the Argentine side of the falls and sang "How Great Thou Art" with some other missionaries, I was given a glimpse of heaven and how one day we will see our Savior and our natural response will be to worship and sing praises to our wonderful God and King!                   Oh, what a day that will be!

How Great Thou Art!


    Argentine side of the falls                                                                                


Brazilian side of the falls

I was also asked to teach the 5th and 6th graders during the morning business meetings. What a fun time we had exploring the awesome power of God through the feeding of the five thousand, Peter walking on water, and the good Samaritan! We also enjoyed playing in the pool, painting a rocket, singing different songs, and having wonderful discussions in God's Word! 







Besides going to the Iguacu Falls, we also walked across the street to the Bird Park! 



       Polly, want some corn?!?!

          Unfortunately, I could not bring this buddy home with me.




Upon returning from our trip, we held a Bible Club on Saturday afternoon from 3:00 to 5:00. At first, only a few children showed up, but as we began sitting the children down and singing with them, the Lord just kept on working and bringing in more children. How exciting to see at least 35 children attend our first Bible club, as well as, see three parents who stayed throughout the whole thing! Not only that, but I praise God for the great group of helpers we had from Redemption Baptist Church. To God be all the glory!























Please pray as we will be heading up another Bible Club next Saturday, March 28 during the same times. 

In addition, please pray for me as I teach my nephews and niece and for God to show me His future direction for my life! 


THANKS!

















  








1 comment:

Rena said...

Coincidentally, I checked your blog today which I hadn't done in a long time...and here's a new post! Great photos, I laughed at the parrot one. That was such a great week, was it not?! Definitely a highlight of my life.